Friday, June 20, 2008

takes me back to 1983

So I am a total dork. I embrace this about myself and this particular trait really comes out when I actually get really excited about something! Sooo.... sunday I am going with friends to see a concert and the headliner is....dumdumdum...Cyndi Lauper. I am totally stoked about this because... I remember being 8 years old and the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Album came out. I begged for it. FOR MONTHS! I had no idea what some of the songs were about which makes me almost giggle now as I listen to the orignial cassette tape I bought with my own money from the Record Bar in 1983. As if listening to the tape constantly were not enough, I actually had outfits that resembled the things that Cyndi would have worn at the time, so I decided it was necessary to become her, orange and yellow hair included, for Halloween that year. I was totally obsessed, almost as bad as the Stevie Nicks obsession of the late ninties and early two thousands. Anyway, I am soooooo excited to be seeing her in concert for the first time ever. Not to mention that the B-52s and Joan Jett are also gonna be there. I mean the only thing more amazing would be if the Horrorpops showed up with their lead singer and my fantasy girlfriend, Patricia, was slappity slappin the upright on the stage... Yea for Sunday night!

3 comments:

La Lunatique said...

ooohhh i'm jealous cuz this girl too just want's to have fun...do a little rock lobster for me would ya?

psychobillygirl said...

yeppity yep...you should totally come with!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that'll be fun. Joan Jett, too. I was listening to, can you believe it, Culture Club, the other day, actually listened to the lyrics and they were surprisingly intelligent and poetic. Cyndi Lauper is the same. Buried under all that frilly 80's pop is a thoughtful mind working. Have a fantastic time.