Friday, August 15, 2008

AMERIKA

This is soooo why I love my friends!!! This was posted by a friend of mine and I thought I'd share it with the rest of my favorite WT...



"So this year, I am the winner of a deelux trailer classroom with fancy wood paneling. For fun, I plan to trick it out in fine mobile style.Picture the Doublewide in Dallas if you've ever been.Or perhaps the airstream bathroom decorated by this guy that my friend slept with in the nineties at Shady Grove.So far I have flamingo tablecloths and flamingo lights.I need other tacky items if you got em and would like to donate them to public education. Do you have an aqua shag rug? Perhaps a spare orange sofa? Some extra faux grass carpet for my front porch? A beaded curtain?Anything vinyl? Planters for the front porch? Bean bags? I'm teaching American lit this year and I plan to show these kids what Amerika! is all about.



Miss Lady



PS My trailer is together! Some other poor teacher is assigned to the one that's still in two parts and ain't got no electricity yet."



Keep in mind that my friend, Miss Lady Dammit! (her derby name) is working on her PhD in English Literature and is a highly educated woman. All of these things make me love her even more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, that is wonderful. Sounds more like a glorious gypsy caravan than a trailer. Education is its own reward.

Queen of the Universe said...

Macrame? I think she needs some...

Disturbed Stranger said...

Love the trailer ;)