Thursday, October 2, 2008

identifying the weirdness

ok, so before you read this just know, I am not complaining (i know, typical opening statement of someone who bitches all of the time), nor whining or anything else along that same vein. I just want to know.
my life gets pretty weird sometimes. I'm sure everyone has felt that way. But then it passes, right? well, i'm beginning to wonder when the wall of weirdness is gonna fall down and show me the brilliant blue sky because I'm becoming a little unnerved.
I don't really believe in having good or bad luck and I'm not sure about the whole karma thing either, but whatever it is that directs the universe seems to be pissed off at me.
This week for instance:
Monday - I tripped over a ginormous basset hound and broke my toe and have been in pretty much total body pain for the rest of the week. Note to self: marble floors are literaly hard as rocks
Tuesday - I left work early so I could come home and wait for the cable guy to come to the house. I'm a pretty easy girl to please and I was super stoked to finally be getting cable and internet. I waited...and waited... and WAITED. no one freakin showed up, no one called, whatevs...
I called the cable company and they're like "oh, it looks like someone cancelled your order" that's strange, I didn't cancel the order and they can't seem to identify WHO did it, but I digress.
Then there was the 2 to 3 ft tall black primordial dwarf that I saw in the underpass. He was wearing a fedora and a trench coat. Just standing there... at that point I was convinced I had lost it. I was hallucinating...
Wednesday - so I'm talking on my 1 day old, brand new phone and in the middle of a conversation, it just stops working, cuts itself off and died.
Oh yeah, the dwarf I saw on Tuesday is some sort of 2 to 3 foot statue of a black man with all of these strange wings coming off of it. So I wasn't hallucinating... Ok so no fedora and trench coat, it was really dark Tuesday night... Still weird, right? a statue just sitting on a median in the underpass???
Thursday - well I won't really go into it, but are you seeing my point??? This kind of stuff happens all of the time. Some of it, I know is just everyday life, but a lot of it is plain weird...
I wonder, is it me? Am I exposed to more bizarre than most? or am I just more observant? I dunno, it's not any kind of crisis situation or anything, but I'd like to hear about the bizarro happenings in your life... so post up and share ; )

PS. My 2nd brand new phone that I got yesterday... well, it gave a repeat performace of it's predecessor and died around 7 pm this evening

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is an odd thing but certain very special and gifted people do seem to attract wierdnesses into their lives. You must be one. Perhaps that's why we know each other. I am another of your oddnesses and you another of mine. I'm not a 2-3foot dwarf statue though but sometimes I wish I was.

Queen of the Universe said...

Be careful what you wish for...she would so pack you up and move you to her yard for entertainment purposes.

She likes her some midgets...

Anonymous said...

I remember the midget fetish from an earlier post. Sounds like it might fun, just so long as not everything got midgetised. Helllooo, Psychobillygirl, are you there?

psychobillygirl said...

yeah,
thanks ginga. i promise i wouldn't leave you out in the yard. you could sleep in the utility room when it's raining. there's a nice, empty set of cabinets back there that would fit a three foot blogger just fine. ohh..and if you're a good boy, I'll run an internet hook up back there so you can continue to blog! ;)